Formed in 1984, The American Association for Accreditation of Ambulatory Surgery Facilities, Inc. (AAAASF) is an accrediting body that grants certification and —therefore permission to operate— to surgery centers, based on their ability toconform totheir standards and prove they can operate safely.
What Are the Requirements for AAAASF Certification?
- Adequate backup power for operating and recovery room areas
- Facilities be fully equipped to perform its surgical procedures
- Surgeons be board certified, and have hospital privileges
- Deeper levels of anesthesia be administered by an anesthesiologist
- Surgical environments be clean and safe
- Case data be tracked and subject to peer review
- Pass thorough initial survey by inspector and meet 100% of applicable standards
- Be re-evaluated yearly by self-survey, and by surveyor survey every three years
- Prominently display accreditation certificate
What Are The Backup Power Requirements for AAAASF Certification?
How Does a Battery Backup System Meet AAAASF Requirements?
Due to the modular design and custom-built nature of our fabrication process,MediProducts can produce a custom unit that fits your exact needs—giving you the necessary 2 hours of total power in whatever form factor that may look like.
Additionally, our internal transfer switches engage in milliseconds, resulting in an all-in-one solution with total satisfaction of AAAASF requirements.