Who Can Install a Standalone Backup Power System?
Upon taking delivery, all Medi-Products standalone systems require some assembly. However, once assembled standalone systems are fully plug and play. As such, they do not require a licensed electrician or contractor to complete any of the work required.
Much like installing cabinets in an exam room, a Medi-Products' Standalone system requires no specialized:
- or Permits
However, it is recommended that someone with experience— like a handyman, facilities manager, or maintenance staff—handle the installation.
The entire assembly and installation of a Standalone system should only take one to two hours at most. For facilities with on-site or in-network staff, the only cost to install a system is would be the cost of their staff's time. This allows you the flexibility to complete the project on your own schedule.
If any staff or vendors have questions about assembly, mounting or installation, contact the Medi-Products Tech Support line at:
What Tools Are Needed to Assemble and Install a Backup Power System?
Every Medi-Product's backup generator contains the necessary hardware to assemble and mount it, including:
- Self-drilling Screws
- Drywall Anchors
- Battery Cables
- and Other Miscellaneous Hardware
This is all that is needed to mount a system to either the studs of your wall or directly into the drywall.
While you will need to supply your own tools to fully assemble and mount a standalone system, the only tools needed to complete the installation process are:
- A Phillips-Head Screwdriver (to attach the battery covers and cabinet(s))
- a Stud Finder (should you choose to mount to the studs),
- and a Drill set
Once mounted to the wall, the full weight of a battery backup system is supported by the floor and feet. The wall it is mounted to only stabilizes the generator, bearing little of its weight.
How to Install and Assemble a Standalone System
- Comes standard with a 10-foot power cord
- Receives input power on its left side
- Has output power outlets on both sides
- and Can be mounted and oriented in any direction due to their leak-proof batteries
- Unpacking the Shipment
- Removing the battery covers
- Attaching the feet/extra battery cabinet(s)
- Mounting the system
- Installing the Batteries
- Installing the Battery Cables
- Reattaching the Battery Covers
Generator Installation and Assembly Resources
- Standalone System Installation Manual
- Standalone System Quick Start Guide
- Battery Powered Generator Testing Checklist
- Battery Powered Generator Testing Log
Additionally, every system comes with a copy of the full installation guide at delivery, which we recommend you hold onto for potential future use.